Installing the HP printer drivers 123.hp.com/setup
What is the HP printer driver and why do we require it
The printer driver also referred to as “print processor” is actually a software that helps the computer to convert the data to be printed in a format that is easily understandable by the printer. The real purpose of these printer drivers is to enable the applications to print without really knowing the technical details of each printer model. Let’s begin our discussion of installing the HP Printer drivers by starting with the installation of the hp printer driver on the desktop.
Downloading and installation procedure of HP printer driver on desktop
Downloading the printer driver
- First of all, open the HP website and click on the “Support and drivers” link and choose the “Drivers and software” navigation link.
- Now under the product category section, click on the “Printing and multifunction” option and enter your product number in the provided space or you can choose” Printers” in the navigation menu. Make sure you choose your printer’s name carefully from the product list.
- Now click on” Download drivers and software” from the Navigation menu. Make a careful review of the available driver options. Choose the option you want and click on the “Download” button.
- Finally, click on “Save” and choose the “Browse” option to select a location to save your file. Thereafter click on “Save” to download the printer driver.
Installing HP Printer driver
- Firstly look for the downloaded driver folder you had saved in the above steps. Double click on that file to initiate the installation process.
- If asked for approval to initiate the installation process, hit on the “OK” option Thereafter click on “ Next” to accept the default installation location and start the install wizard.
- Here in this step, choose either the recommended or the custom installation The recommended version of the installation installs all the components that a user will be requiring. Whereas the custom installation as the name indicates provided the user with the opportunity to select the options they want. Thereafter, click on “Install” and “Finish” once the procedure gets completed.
Installation of the HP printer driver without the use of installation Disc/CD
Steps to Perform :
- To download and install the HP printer driver, download the setup file from the official HP website and use a compatible USB cable to link the printer.
- Ensure the pc is in a proper working condition To activate the installation wizard, run the setup file.
- Once your printer name is detected from the options, carefully follow the onscreen prompts to complete the download process.
- Now its time to run a test printing.
To Install the HP Printer driver manually, follow the below steps.
- As a first step, choose the” Add a printer “ option in your windows pc.
- Make sure you download the printer application and setup file. Thereafter connect the USB cable to the printer.
- Now unzip the software’s folder on your windows.
- Select a location and select the option “Extract here”.
- Keep following the onscreen prompts to complete the installation process. Once done, perform a printing test.
Installation of the HP printer driver for Windows 10
Prerequisites to be taken care of
- Ensure that the HP printer is turned on.
- Availability of a USB cable of length less than 3 meters.
- Attach the USB cable wire to the USB port on your screen.
- In case you have already connected the USB cable to the computer before the installation, remove the printer from the installed device to ensure a successful setup.
- First of all, disconnect the printer cable wire from your computer. Do not reconnect the cable wire until prompted to during the installation process.
- Now search windows for the “Devices” option and select “Drivers and Printers” from the control panel.
- Here right-click on the printer’s model icon that you will be using and click on the “Remove device” option. In case if there are multiple printer icon of the same printer on the given screen, click and remove all of them. Thereafter close the “Devices and Printers” window to proceed to the next step.
- Now visit the HP official website and follow the onscreen instructions after entering your printers’ model number.
- Now select the option “HP customer support – software and driver downloads” and proceed to the next step.
- Now go to “Let’s identify your product to get started” page then click on the “Printer” option and type your model number. Thereafter click on the “Submit” option.
- In case you wish to change the OS, click on the “Change” option and select your version.
- Now go under the “Driver” heading and hit click on “Download” for a complete package. However, for installing drivers such as HP printer assistants, click on the “Basic Drivers” option.
- Hit click on the USB” option as and when prompted to do the same on-screen and proceed to the last step.
- Now perform the test print, scan or fax to check the printer’s functioning.
Installation of HP printer driver on Mac
- First of all, ensure your computer system is turned on and properly connected to your printer either through wifi, wired network or a USB cable.
- Now create a fresh print queue on Mac. To create a print queue, follow these steps.
- Click on the Apple logo present on the upper left corner of the screen and select “System Preferences”.
b.From the Hardware category, select the “Print and scan” option.
c.Now on the bottom of the left pane, click on the plus “+” icon.
d.Now enter the hostname of your printer in the “Address” field after which the settings will be added automatically. Thereafter click on the “Add” option.
e.Here set additional options and click on “OK” and you are done. Your printer queue will be available through any print option.
- Here click on the “Apple” menu and select the “System Preferences” option.
- Now as per your operating system version, click on “System and fax”,” Print and scan” or “Printers and scanners” option.
- Now check carefully if your printer name is displayed on the printer’s list.If the name is listed, remove and readd the printer to confirm the communication.
- In case your printer name is not listed, click the “+” sign and choose the “Add printer or scanner” option and choose the name of your printer.
- Here select the “Use” or “Print using” menu and select the name of your printer.
- Click on “Add” to add to the printer’s list . Thereafter, click on “Download and install” to complete the installation process when prompted.
- Now click on the “Cancel” option if you receive the message stating “Software is currently unavailable” and try to manually install the driver.
- Close the System Preferences window once you complete the Hp printer driver installation on Mac.
- You are now good to perform the print, scan, fax from your printer according to your requirement.
This webiste is related to hardware and software related information provider and We are not associated or linked up with any company or other third party system. Also, we do not hold the position to promote any other company or brand , name and logo used here just for information purpose only. Hereby, we at “123 hp wireless printer setup” disclaim any sponsorship or relationship that is used in this here are only for the referral purpose. (Third- party content are only for the referrals).