HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide
HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide With Solutions For Major Issues
Lets discusses the common troubleshooting steps to fix HP printer problems for both Windows and Mac operating systems. performing these instructions you will be able to bring your HP printer back in running condition.
HP Printer Troubleshooting Steps
To troubleshoot the HP printer problems we have enumerated some useful tips. By following these steps you will be able to troubleshoot your HP printer problems.
1. Make Sure your HP Printer Is Stable at ‘Set as Default Printer.
It is vital that you give the right command to your printer by setting your printer as ‘Default Printer’. Therefore to set your printer to default status follow these steps of HP printer troubleshooting guide:
- From the Search bar of your system open the ‘run’ dialogue box and type ‘control panel’.
- Once the control panel opens, select ‘devices and printers’.
- On the next screen select and right click on the HP printer option and select ‘set as default printer’ and proceed.
- Now after following the above steps if you see a green tick below your printer icon then your HP printer troubleshooting guide is completed.
2. Update Faulty And Outdated Drivers With HP Driver Easy Application
If your HP printer is not printing color text, or if you are facing any other issue related to printing, the best solution is to update or reinstall your printer driver. You can easily do this by following these steps-
- Go the Search Option and type ‘run’ to open the dialog box .
- Now type in ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the dialog box as shown below and click on ‘OK’.
- Next on your screen ‘Windows device manager ‘will open
- Now expand the category of ‘print queues’ by double clicking on it as shown in the below image.
- Right click on the listed printer name under this category and click on ‘update driver’ from the menu .
- Lastly you need to wait for the update download to finish and then follow the instructions shown on screen.
3. Check HP Printer Spooler Error And Try To Troubleshoot It
Print spooler helps the PC to communicate easily with the printer & manage the print jobs in the queue. When the printer is unable to take any of your print commands because of the print job being stuck in the queue, it will display an error messages saying ‘printer spooler error’. To rectify this error follow the below instructions-
- First close all the program such as word or other thing you are trying to pint with printer
- Go to the ‘Start’ button > Type ’Administrative Tools’ > then click ‘Services’
- Then scroll down the list to ‘Print Spooler’. Now right click and select ‘Stop’.
- Thereafter go ‘My Computer’ & double-click ‘Local Disk (C:)’ and select the ‘Windows’ folder.
- ‘System32’ folder> ‘spool’>’Printers’
- Then Delete all the print jobs in this folder.
- Go back to ‘Services,’ and Search ‘print spooler’ & right click on it. Now select ‘Start’ option.
- Now try printing a test page as restarting the spooler may have just fixed your HP printer error.
Your HP printer spooler troubleshooting is now completed.
4. Clear The Previous Print Command Traffic
Many times the HP printer is unable to take the printing command due to queue of previous print commands. HP printers troubleshooting guide says that you need to clear the previous stuck commands and then re-command the printer afresh. Follow the below steps to cancel the previous queue of print command with the help of HP printer troubleshooting guide.
- From the start button open control panel and click on ‘device and printers’.
- Make a right click on HP printer icon and thereafter select ‘What’s printing’ option.
- Now to cancel the previous print command queue, open the ‘printer’ menu and select ‘cancel all documents’.
- Click ‘yes’ to confirm. Now you can proceed with your printing task.
6. Check For Hardware Issues And Replace The Duplicate Parts Back With The Original Ones
If none of the above steps helped you in troubleshooting HP printer problems then follow the steps given in below section-
- Ensure that Your HP printer is fed with enough quantity of papers, ink, and toner to work with.
- Check if there is a carriage jam issue. If yes then Call us to Fix.
- In many cases printer cartridges become outdated, try replacing with a new one.
- The difficulty arises due to replaced printer parts, go for the original parts to avoid any printer problems in the future.
HP printer troubleshooting steps to follow in case of Windows 10 and Mac computer.
Troubleshooting Windows 10
Power cycling the printer is the basic troubleshooting step. To do the same, turn off and unplug your printer and wait for good 30 seconds before plugging it back in and turn on the printer.
For wired printers ensure that their USB cables are appropriately connected to the pc.In the case of the wireless connection ensure that printer’s wireless option is available and turned on.
- An obsolete printer driver will always impede the printer’s running. Make sure you have the latest and most suitable printer driver in operation. Follow the below-mentioned steps to download the latest printer driver for your system:
A. First of all download and install the HP driver easy application. Thereafter open the application and select ‘scan now’ option. Wait patiently till the software scans for any problems in the devices.
B. Now to download the best printer driver for your printer you need to click on ‘update’ option present right next to your HP printer in the driver easy screen.
- The traffic of previous unexecuted commands leads to trouble in the functioning of the hp printer. To troubleshoot the same you need to cancel the previous stuck commands by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the “Start” icon present on the bottom left corner of the screen. Thereafter click on “Control Panel” and choose “Devices and printers”
- Now right-click on your hp printer from the “printer’s” section and click on “see what’s printing”.
C. Hit on the “printer” menu and select ‘open as administrator’s’.
D. Once again open the ‘printer” menu and select “cancel all documents’ link.
Hope this HP Printer troubleshooting on windows 10 will useful.
Before going into any deeper troubleshooting steps, you must check for your internet connection. Make sure you are receiving a steady connection for an uninterrupted printer functioning. Also you need to make sure that both ends of the USB cable are properly inserted. To make sure the fault is not with the cable, you may also try using a different cable.
- To check if the printer is ready for function, follow the below steps-
- Press the power button to turn on the printer.
- Ensure that the printer has paper in the input tray, proper ink and toner cartridges installed.
- Restart the printer and wait till it is ready to print.
- Follow the given step to reset HP printer-
A. Select ‘System Preferences’ from the Apple menu.
Now click on ‘Printers and Scanners’.
Now right click on the printers Window and thereafter click on ‘reset printing system’.
D. Now select ‘rest’ from the confirmation window.
E. Finally click on ‘OK’ after entering the Administrator’s name and password.
Turn off your printer and wait for 10 seconds. Thereafter disconnect the printers’ power cord from the printer.
B. Now turn off the computer device.
C. Now turn on the printer
D. Thereafter disconnect the power cord from the wireless router and wait patiently for 10 seconds.
E. Lastly reconnect the power cord to the router.
Remarks– This is not HP official page and information provided here is for your knowledge purpose only.
This webiste is related to hardware and software related information provider and We are not associated or linked up with any company or other third party system. Also, we do not hold the position to promote any other company or brand , name and logo used here just for information purpose only. Hereby, we at “123 hp wireless printer setup” disclaim any sponsorship or relationship that is used in this here are only for the referral purpose. (Third- party content are only for the referrals).