Is your HP Printer not Printing after windows 10 Update? Are you Unable to print or scan after a Windows 10 update or upgrade. If so, then follow this simple guide to fix the Problem.
The common reasons for ‘HP printer not working after Windows 10 update’ are as follows-
HP Printer Installation Issue
If the HP printer you are using is not installed properly, it will not work properly. You have to remove and reinstall the printer to get it back to work. To remove the HP printer, follow the below steps –
- Click on the start button.
- Then go to settings and click on the device.
- Now click on printers & scanners.
- Under printers & scanners click on the printer you are using.
- Then click on remove device. Now your device is removed successfully.
Solution – After removing the HP printer, you have to reinstall the device in your PC. To reinstall the printer, follow the below steps –
- Select the start button on your PC.
- Then go to settings.
- Click on devices and then select printers & scanners.
- Under printers & scanners, select “Add a printer or scanner” option.
- Wait for the completion of the search for the new devices.
- After the search result is completed, a device list will appear. Choose your device from the list and click on add device.
Check Printer Spooler Error
Due to the update in Windows 10, the printer spooler may stop working making the printing job harder. This issue can be solved by restarting the printer spooler service. To restart the printer spooler service, follow the below steps that can helps to resolve ‘HP printer not working after Windows 10 update’ issue.
- Press windows button + R
- Type services.msc and click on OK button.
- A new window will open. In that window find printer spooler and do double click on it.
- A new small window will open. Now from there in ‘service status’ click on ‘stop’ button.
- Then click on ‘start’ button and then click on ‘OK’.
Check Printer Driver Error
Many times, we forget to update our old drivers and that creates a lot of errors for your printer. The printer driver error is one of the main reasons for your HP printer not working after Windows 10 update . The driver error occurs due to the wrong driver or outdated driver. To solve the issue, you can install new drivers or update the old drivers follow these steps:
- Click on start button and open the “Control Panel”
- Inside this panel find “Uninstall program” and choose HP printer driver from the list of programs. Now click on your HP printer driver to uninstall it.
- Then go to www.123.hp.com/setup and download your printers driver. Make sure you add download the correct driver by selecting the correct model number of your HP printer.
- Lastly, install the driver by following onscreen setup steps.
Check HP Printer Offline Configuration Issue
If your HP Printer stops working after Windows 10 update, check if “use printer offline mode” option is selected or not. To solve this issue, you have to unselect the “use printer offline “option from printer settings by following the below steps –
- Click on the start button of your computer and go to ‘settings’.
- Now select ‘devices’ and click on ‘printers and scanners’ option.
- Then select the printer you are using.
- Do right click on the printer.
- Click on ‘see what’s printing’ option from the dropdown menu.
Select ‘printer’ option from the upper left corner.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Now unselect ‘use printer offline’ option.
The Printer Is Connected to The Wrong Port
This is another reason for the HP printer not working in Windows 10 after an update. If the HP printer is connected to a wrong port, the printer will not work properly. To make the printer work again you have to reconfigure the printer to the correct port. To do that follow the below steps –
- Click the start button on your PC.
- Then Go to settings section
- Click on ‘devices’ and select ‘printer & scanners’ option.
- Now choose the option devices and printers.
- From the device list select the printer you are using and do right-click on it.
- From the dropdown menu select properties.
- Under ‘properties’ select ‘change properties’ from the ‘general’ section.
- Then select the ’ports’ option and click on the port which contains your printer’s name.
- Then click on Apply to complete the process.
Check Printer Spooler File and Clear Them
The printer may not work due to spooler file error. Hence follow the below steps to rectify this error-
- Go to the Windows Start search box and type ‘services’ and then hit on that.
- On the service window, point to the “Printer Spooler” option and right click on it and select the ‘stop’ option.
- Then go to the C:>WINDOWS>System32>spool>PRINTERS
- Delete all files from this printer folder
- Again go to the spooler and right click on it and select ‘start’ option to resume the spooler service again.
- While configuring the HP printer you should ensure that the cable you are using is in good condition and the connection you are making is not loose.
- For wireless printers, you should ensure speed network connectivity. If you are connecting the PC and the printer to different networks the HP printer will not work.
Solution – To solve the issue, you should check the cables and network connections of the printer.
- If required change the cable for the printer, in case of wired HP printers.
- For wireless HP printers connect the HP printer and the PC to the same network.
- You should ensure that the network you are using is within a good connectivity range and can deliver high speed.
more blogs: HP Printer compatibility issues with Windows 10, hp printer not working after windows 10 update, hp printer not working after windows update, HP Solution Center stopped working, Printer Issues After Updating Windows 10 / HP Printer Setup